First Time Logging In?
Did you receive an email from MyEducationBC containing your MyEducationBC Login ID and Temporary Password? If not, please email Hannah.Santillan@sd41.bc.ca with your name, your child(ren)’s name(s), and contact number
- For the first login, please use a computer not a phone
- Use Internet Explorer when logging in so you can click on the “Reveal Password” Eye icon to see that you have entered the password correctly
- Make sure popups are enabled for your browser
- Visit myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen/logon.do
Tip: Both user name and password are case sensitive
- Enter your user name and password then click Log On to access the system. When you log on for the first time, you will:
- receive a message saying that your password has expired
- be prompted to enter your email address (case sensitive)
- be required to set up a security question (case sensitive)
Tip: Please read your password requirements carefully:
Tip: When choosing your security question, take the time to choose a question that you will be able to remember and that you will not forget, such as “What city were you born in” or “What is your father’s middle name?”
- Enter your email address and security question so that in the future you can click “I forgot my password” to receive a new password. (Please use proper case for your email and answer to your security question. They are case sensitive.)
- Note: The system will automatically lock your account if you mis-type your password 5 times or mis-type the answer to your security question 3 times.
Need to Learn How to Navigate in MyEducationBC?
The Burnaby School District has produced reference materials for related to logging in and general portal use. These can be viewed at http://blogs.sd41.bc.ca/myedbc/parent-resources/.
Need to Change Your Password, Email Address or Security Question?
- Click on your user name in the upper right-hand corner and drag down to “Set Preferences”.
- Click on the “Security” tab to access the fields you need to change.
Forgot Your Password?
If you have previously logged into your account before but have forgotten your password, click the blue “I forgot my password” link on the log-on screen. (This function is only available for those who have set their primary email and security question upon initial login.) The program will ask for your email address as well as the answer to your security question. If you answer them correctly, a new temporary password will be sent to your email account. Retrieve the temporary password from your email account and use it to log on to the Family Portal. You will then be asked to create a new password.
Is Your Account Disabled?
If you mistype your password 5 times, the system will automatically disable your account. If your account is disabled, please contact the school office or email Hannah.Santillan@sd41.bc.ca with your name, your child(ren)’s name(s), and contact number to have your account re-enabled.
Trouble with Your Security Question?
If you mistype your email address or the answer to your security question 3 times, the “I forgot my password” function will be frozen. Email and security question are also case sensitive. You must enter your email address EXACTLY as it was set up in your security preferences. Please contact the school office or email Hannah.Santillan@sd41.bc.ca with your name, your child(ren)’s name(s), and contact number to have your account re-enabled. Once you have regained access to your account, you will need to follow the steps below to fix your email address and/or your security question.